Two seminars will be arranged as part of the project. At these seminars, the results of the project will be presented. In addition, distinguished guest speakers will be invited to talk about topics of relevance for METRO. You can find more information about the two METRO seminars below.
In addition to the two METRO seminars, the results will also be presented at other seminars in Sweden and the world. One example is the KCBU seminars. You can find more information about these additional seminars below.
METRO seminar 2012 – 10 to 11 December 2012
A final seminar of the METRO project was held at Rosersberg in Stockholm, Sweden. All the results from this unique research project were presented, including results from full scale tests involving fire, explosion, and fire and rescue operations. The detailed program can be found in the METRO seminar brochure. The key note speakers were:
- Ingerid Ekenäs (Oslo Metro) who presented Safety and Security in Underground Mass Transport Systems,
- Gary English (Seattle Fire Department) who presented Implementation of the METRO results in Legislation and Fire Tactics, and
- Arnold Dix who gave his perspective of how the METRO project will influence future mass-transport design
The final report was presented at the seminar. This report can be found under Publications together with the presentations from the seminar.
METRO seminar 2011 – 13 to 14 September 2011
In conjunction with the full-scale fire tests of WP1, a seminar was organized concerning the project and results to date. Some of the speakers were:
- Haukur Ingason (SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden)
- Martin Brown (Director of Safety, Health and Environment, Transport for London)
- Jan Wisén (Fire Chief Greater Stockholm Fire Brigade)
The presentations from the seminar can be found under Publications where you can also find video films from the full-scale fire tests. The presentations can also be downloaded by clicking the following link:
Presentations at the METRO seminar 2011 (pdf portfolio)
Dr. Haukur Ingason
Project Leader METRO project
Adj. Professor Mälardalen University
KCBU seminar 2012 – 15 February 2012
On 15 February 2012, some of the results from the METRO project were be presented at a KCBU seminar in Stockholm. KCBU (KompetensCentrum för Brand i Undermarksanläggningar) is a Swedish association promoting fire safety in underground facilities, such as underground transportation systems and mines. More information about KCBU and the seminar can be found at www.kcbu.se.